—Benjamin Franklin, Autobiography, 1793
When not busy pissing people off on Wikipedia, you may find me earning my living as a DevOps & InfoSec Officer—a fancy way of saying “I have no idea what I'm doing”—in a doing R&D in the fields of chem- and nanoinformatics, toxicology, data mining, AI (you knew I'd mention it), and other similar and not that similar stuff.
I enjoy my work very much. It ain't all roses,, but it manages to satisfy pretty well my almost pathological desire to learn new things, especially about who we are as living things and human beings: how our bodies function, how our brains think, and—most importantly—how can we, hopefully, make ourselves and our lives better.
Unexpectedly, I've studied economics—not computer science, engineering, or chemistry, as many people tend to assume. My master's degree is, in fact, in Corporate finance. Yes, I did once plan to become obscenely rich: speedy cars, luxurious yachts, gorgeous girls—you know,GTA V stuff. But then I . That's all you need to know.
When I say “sorry, I have plans”,that I'm either reading, listening to music, travelling to places I've never seen before, running in the park, climbing some hill with a great view, doing home repairs, enjoying my bike, or just sitting on my couch, watching as clouds and planes fly by. Or sleeping. Or, well, pissing people off on Wikipedia.
Apart from Wikipedia, I also try to help some other volunteer projects, mainly with afrom the University of Plovdiv, with whom I share the belief that good education is the solution to many of the problems that the world faces today.
I'm an admin on the Bulgarian Wikipedia—by far the largest, if not the only Bulgarian wikicommunity (almost all activity on the sister projects comes from wikipedians). I've been serving the community in this role since 2012, and while I had started editing actively in 2009—and I still do intermittently—administrative work remains my major contribution.
As a sysop, my key interests are community wellbeing, fending off vandalism, identifying and combating disinformation and propaganda, and—more recently—the application of automation and artificial intelligence in those processes and in editing in general.
I'm also trying to serve as a tech ambassador, in hopes of alleviating the gap between the tech people and the volunteer contributors, which could potentially harm the projects.
Besides Wikipedia, I serve as a bureaucrat and sysop on other Bulgarian projects, notably Wiktionary and Wikiquote. I also maintain the wikimedia.bg and wik.pe domains, as well as the services there, like and the .
- Discord kerberizer#2535
- Libera.Chat⋮OFTC kerberizer
PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE CONTACTING ME
- I'm a volunteer: I have a day job, a family, and other responsibilities that come first. Please use these contacts only for pressing or sensitive matters that need my personal attention. For everything else, please use my public talk page or the community discussion pages.
- The contact methods above will not get priority attention unless the matter is really urgent. My email inbox, in particular, is very busy, so general Wikipedia-related emails may not get a reply from me for days—or, indeed, at all. I am really sorry, but—again—I'm only a volunteer.
- Don't ask of me things that go against the rules. There is also no promise of confidentiality: don't send me anything you wouldn't post publicly. This, of course, does not apply to sensitive information related to e.g. vandalism or other administrative matters, sent in good faith.
- Threats will be taken extremely seriously and reported to law enforcement.
- Just to be clear: pissing people off is not my intent, but rather the often unavoidable consequence of being an administrator and having to remind everyone in the most heated moments that we all need to abide by certain rules.
- wikimedia.bg was once intended for the Wikimedia chapter in Bulgaria, which, however, never materialized. The domain is now governed by the local community.
- If you have some clever ideas for wik.pe that would expand its use, please do let me know.
- JSS 9 commits changes from to the JS and CSS pages.